Striker is focused on making growth equity and buyout investments in growing, service-oriented businesses in niche markets. We look for businesses that can benefit from access to the operating expertise, synergies, and substantial industry resources of Striker and other members of The Graham Group.
Striker seeks to invest between $5 and $15 million, with an emphasis on majority investments in which the seller makes a significant “roll over” investment. Larger direct equity investments can be considered via partnership with other members of The Graham Group.
UNIQUE BENEFITS OF OUR APPROACH
Striker's position as an entirely family-funded investment firm offers portfolio companies several unique benefits:
- Patient Capital: As a family fund, Striker’s proprietary capital base enables owner/operators to have a single partner with the flexibility to hold an investment for the longer-term; or if the external market dictates, pursue an aggressive liquidity strategy.
- Permanent Capital: With no third-party limited partners, Striker’s investment professionals can dedicate their time to working with portfolio companies, as opposed to fund-raising with future investors.
- Partnership Focus: Striker works in complete partnership with owner/operators who typically will roll over a significant minority stake in their companies. As partners, we make investment and strategic decisions quickly and we act promptly.
- Flexible Financing: Striker looks to minimize the use of leverage in our transactions in order to provide operating flexibility to our management teams and to allow financial flexibility for future growth investments. The majority of Striker’s investments are financed entirely with equity, allowing for a swift path to the closing of a transaction.
- Family Business Perspective: Striker understands and is sensitive to the complexities associated with human resource, tax, accounting, and other family related issues prevalent during periods of ownership transition. Striker appreciates the tremendous value of building a winning culture and seeks to preserve and enhance our partners' strengths.
- Access to Capital and Strategic Resources: As a member of The Graham Group, Striker has access to the capital necessary to support a company throughout its entire lifecycle. Striker can also access a stable of seasoned, highly qualified operating partners with tremendous hands-on operating experience to help develop strategic focus.